The purpose of the Urban Street Symposium is to stimulate improvements in suburban/urban street design practices. It will provide a forum to:
- Compare and discuss alternative street design practices.
- Document better street designs.
- Transfer urban street research findings to state agencies and to local governments.
Transportation Research Board (TRB) Committee on:
- Performance Effects of Geometric Design (AKD10)
- and its predecessor committees:
- Operational Effects of Geometrics (AHB65)
- Geometric Design (AFB10)
- The next edition of the Urban Street Symposium series, the 6th Urban Street Symposium, is scheduled to take place in conjunction with the 6th International Symposium on Highway Geometric Design in the summer of 2022.
- Originally scheduled for the summer of 2020, COVID-related restrictions have made it necessary to reschedule the Symposium. Planning is currently underway for the 6th Symposium, to be held in June 2022 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- You can visit the website for the 6th International Symposium on Highway Geometric Design at https://ishgd2020.org/.
- The call for abstracts is now available! The original submission deadline has passed, but due to rescheduling the Symposium, the opportunity to submit abstracts will be reopened; more details will be announced on the ISHGD website.
- We will be adding more details to this website as they are finalized and made available.
5th Urban Street Symposium
- The most recent edition of the series, the 5th Urban Street Symposium, took place in Raleigh, North Carolina on May 21-24, 2017.
- For details on the technical program and other events related to the 5th Urban Street Symposium, see: http://www.urbanstreet.info/5th-urban-street-symposium/.
- Many thanks to our partners, the North Carolina Section of ITE (NCSITE), for hosting the 5th Urban Street Symposium.